The 2013 LPKS State Convention will be held on April 20th 2013 in Emporia Kansas.
We will have a social mixer on Friday night starting at 7 pm at Bruff’s Steak House located at 2640 W 18 th Emporia, KS 66801. Bruff’s is a sports bar/steakhouse. During this informal social gathering, attendees can network, chat, have a drink, and dinner if they like.
Lodging options in Emporia include:
- Holiday Inn Express 2921 W 18th Ave (620) 341-9393
- Candlewood Suites 2602 Candlewood Dr (620) 343-7756
- Fairfield Inn 2930 Eaglecrest Dr (620) 342-4445
The convention is 10 am to 3:30 pm at the Memorial Union in Webb Hall #2 located on Emporia State campus. There is a map of the campus available HERE, and the union is directly to the South of Wooster Lake (the smaller lake in the center of campus).
The state convention is free to the public, however only registered Libertarians can vote on business.
There will be catered box lunches available at noon. Registration for box lunches must be made by April 12th. You will need to pay for the box lunch at the convention. You can register for a box lunch HERE.
Libertarian Party of Kansas (LPKS) 2013 Convention Agenda:
- Call to Order / Welcome 10 – 10:15
- State Party Success Reports – ExCom members 10:15 – 11
- State Party Vision and Goals for 2013/14 – by chairman 11 – 11:30
- Business meeting – Amendments to State Constitution/Bylaws (If no amendments their may be a Guest Speaker) 11:30 – 12:30 (time length subject to change)
- Lunch / Socializing 12:30 – 1:30
- Featured Speaker -TBD 1:30 – 2:30
- Elections of State Party Officers 2:30 – 3
- Volunteer Awards Celebration 3 – 3:30
Nominations for state party officers
Nominations for the state officers or if you are interested in serving as an officer of the Libertarian Party please contact the Candidate Committee Chair, Steven A. Rosile, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 316 618-1339.
Amending the LPKS Constitution and By Laws
Proposed Amendments to the LPKS Constitution and By Laws.
This year we will be proposing and making Amendments to the LPKS Constitution and By Laws. All registered members of the Libertarian Party of Kansas can participate in this by going to these documents on the LPKS website HERE.
After reading and studying these documents, if you have ideas on how they can be improved or made more complete please send your proposals to Constitution and By Laws Committee Chair Barry Albin at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for the Committee to consider them. All proposed amendments must be received by Barry no later than March 20, 2013 to be brought to the floor of the Annual Meeting/Convention April 20.
Proposed amendments will be posted on the LPKS.org website in early April so that our members can make themselves familiar with the proposals and also see the recommendations of the Committee before the meeting.
LPKS Volunteer Award.
The former tradition of appreciating the hard work of our volunteer members will be resumed this year. Three volunteers will be recognized with awards. (Cannot be one of the eight voting ExCom officers.)
- Most valuable MALE activist of the year gets the Seth Warren Award.
- Most valuable FEMALE activist of the year gets the Maike Warren Award.
- Most valuable non-Libertarian member of the year who has partnered with us and made a significant contribution to our efforts gets the Light of Liberty Award.